Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Wrapping Up the Summer


It’s Labor Day weekend so we all know that means summer is wrapping up and rose season is winding down.  I still have a couple left, including a Rimauresq Cru Classe Cotes de Provence and of course my Tempier Bandol Rose, and I’ll have them within the next week or two, before it cools off outside.



It’s time to transition into Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Chianti, and Tempranillo, some of my favorite pairings for autumnal dishes and temperatures.  The wines are food friendly, not too heavy, and are perfect for matching up to fresh produce at harvest time.  But this summer, I tried more wines than ever before, and it’s a good thing I took plenty of tasting notes - I’ll be back for those wines again with the next vintage next summer.

This was my first summer as a wine rep, and I learned a lot in a short span of time.  I enjoyed bringing good quality dry rose to Long Island, especially the Hamptons.  What did I learn?  Dry rose is gaining popularity, Sancerre is at the top of its game right now, and it’s a wonderful time for introducing new products into the area.  While summer is by far my favorite time of the year, I’m excited to start showing autumnal wines - some things I haven’t covered yet on the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment