Total Pageviews

Friday, October 12, 2012

2007 Chateau Bellevue la Foret Fronton


I had yet another wine from Sud-Ouest, it’s a Fronton I found online and I wanted to compare it to other Frontons I’ve tasted in the past year.  This was the 2007 Chateau Bellevue la Foret Fronton, which is almost all Negrette (the grape most commonly associated with Fronton), with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Gamay blended in.  It’s a dark purple color with medium viscosity, and characteristics of mostly dark fruit including plum, lovely spice, coffee, and some funky earthiness which we’d generally expect from a South West France wine.  The texture is very clean and smooth and the finish is respectable.  It’s a good value wine under $15.

That was the last Sud-Ouest wine I had left in my wine racks.  The good news - I bought some more!  Some are bottles I’ve had before, and some are new selections.  All are under $20 and I look forward to tasting through them and posting my notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment