Total Pageviews

Friday, December 30, 2011

Not Just Wine...

It’s wine that I always write about, because it’s wine that most inspires me.  But I do enjoy vodka, tequila, rum, and, most recently, gin.  And now I tried something new recently thanks to a thoughtful gift - Junior Johnson Midnight Moon Apple Pie Moonshine.  And I loved it!
I wasn’t sure how smooth it would be or how moonshine could taste like apple pie but it’s a lot smoother than I had expected, and it really does smell and taste like a properly spiced fresh apple pie.
Trying new things is important to me but usually something “new” means a less-than-common grape type from a lesser known wine region - Mondeuse from Savoie, Petite Arvine from Vallee d’Aoste, Petit Manseng from South West France, or Nerello Cappuccio from Sicily - but the apple pie moonshine is a new favorite for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment